This is where you manage the users of your account. Create individual users for each person who will use the account – do not share login details among multiple users.
There is a default administration user against your account. This user has privileges to perform all actions allowed for your account, including the ability to add, modify and delete additional users. You cannot delete this user.
If a user leaves your firm or organisation, it is important that you disable their login.
Go to User Admin to get started.
The Add New User button at the top right of the page will start the process to add a new user.
Enter the user’s details in the New User Details area.
Username is the name the user will enter when logging into the administration system.
Full Name is the real name of the person. You can enter anything here.
Description is the role the person performs. You can enter anything here, or it can be left blank.
Email Address is the email address of the user. This can be left blank, however if not supplied system notifications cannot be sent to this user.
Set user’s permissions
Select the privileges the user will have in the Permission area on the same page.
- View transactions: Allows the user to search and view transactions.
- View reports: Allows the user to view the reports.
- View Xero: Allows the user to search and view transactions associated through Xero.
- Use BIN search: Allows the user to access the bin search page.
- Edit Xero: Allows the user to customise the Xero integration settings.
- May perform MOTO surcharge: Any transactions created by this user through admin will have surcharging applied.
- Perform refunds: allows the user to process refunds for transactions. If you wish to allow this, the user will need to have view transactions assigned so they can find the transaction to perform refund.
- Manage users: allows the user to add, edit, and delete other users. If this privilege is granted, the user can only allocate or edit privileges they have (so if they can’t process refunds they can’t set up a new user that can process refunds).
Save when you’re done. This will send an account activation email to the new user.
The new user will now be listed on the User Admin main page.
Edit a user
The Edit button adjacent to their email address allows for details and permissions of that account to be edited.
The details of the user will then be displayed.
- Password: To change the user’s password enter the new password here. To leave the user’s password unchanged leave this field blank.
- Confirm Password: re-enter the new password to safeguard against typos. To leave the user’s password unchanged leave this field blank.
- Account Locked: To suspend the user’s ability to log into the system. Will be set by the system after three failed login attempts and can be turned off here to re-enable account access.
- Account Activated: Uncheck this to deactivate an account.
- Activation email: Send the user an activation email if the account is not activated.
- Password Reset: Send the user a password reset email.
Once you have made the alterations press the Save button to save the changes. The following message will appear summarizing the changes.
To delete a user, press the Delete button next to their details. You cannot delete the default admin user.
You will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the user. Press Yes to delete the user, or No to leave the user unchanged.
Back to Top
You will then return to the User Admin main page.